• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB juvenile.. Male or Female?

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Please and thank you in advance

aaa1_zpszbkvn1wb.jpg

Attachments

• AA1.jpg
    AA1.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 32

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
lol i know. it's terrible. I think it's a male. I've taken a few more and will post them soon. thanks so very much for being so nice as to let me know

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
The photos don't help with sexing your tarantula. A photo more like this
image.jpg

would be more helpful. Less spider, more sex parts, better focus. This pic is of my female GBB when she was much smaller.

Also judging by the photo of your enclosure, you're keeping it too moist for a GBB. Dry substrate and a water dish is all they need, no misting. It's a bit on the large size too. A five gallon tank is plenty of room for an adult GBB.

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Well thank you so much for your response. I wasn't aware it was too large, so thank you, I can move it to a smaller one and now have room for a chameleon! As far as the substrate goes, I am aware they prefer drier climates, so to speak, and believe me the substrate is quite, quite dray, the camera may have made the coca fibers look wet because it darkened them. The only area that is wet is around her water dish so as to give her just a wee amount of humidity. I'll try to get better pics too, hard with just a cell though

Latest posts