• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB big enough to be intimidating

Matthew

3 Year Member
He is still a juvie but has gotten quite big. At times me moves so fast its hard to track with the naked eye. When a spider this big moves that fast it is a bit intimidating. Makes me realize I am no where near ready for a pokie... yet...

IMG_2717.jpg

Last edited:

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You wanna talk about a fast T, M balfouri, like a piece of lightening! Love them though! :cool: Don't worry buddy that's how you get your handles up! :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You wanna talk about a fast T, M balfouri, like a piece of lightening! Love them though! :cool: Don't worry buddy that's how you get your handles up! :)

I have a M balfori that is not too defensive, but hates it's water holder being taken out. It has shown no signs of being fast. I got it as part of a bundle & would never have ordered myself one. But I think it's the most beutiful T I have for many reasons. Not only does it look great, but it's webbing is amazing & it's personality & temperament are good too.

I think the fastest & most skittish T that I have is a Caribena versicolour. Harmless, beautiful, but out for a walk at the first opportunity & a sod to get back in.

My MM GBB made it's displeasure known once. It did not eat a cricket & was running every time the cricket went near it, so I put my hand in the remove the cricket. Having run from the cricket, the GBB ran at my hand & hit it, with it's front legs :D What a hero.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a M balfori that is not too defensive, but hates it's water holder being taken out. It has shown no signs of being fast. I got it as part of a bundle & would never have ordered myself one. But I think it's the most beutiful T I have for many reasons. Not only does it look great, but it's webbing is amazing & it's personality & temperament are good too.

I think the fastest & most skittish T that I have is a Caribena versicolour. Harmless, beautiful, but out for a walk at the first opportunity & a sod to get back in.

My MM GBB made it's displeasure known once. It did not eat a cricket & was running every time the cricket went near it, so I put my hand in the remove the cricket. Having run from the cricket, the GBB ran at my hand & hit it, with it's front legs :D What a hero.
I think the balfouri is one of my all time favorites! Mine are very fast and quite skittish, my female actually let me handle her, my male threw up a threat posture at a cricket and I actually heard a slight hissing sound come from him :eek:. Never had an C. versicolor, I know the A avicularia I used to have was quite fast and even jumped at times, tough one to handle, yet they are recommended for beginners I guess because of their docile temperament. My A seemani comes out of her hide and actually sits on her water dish when I try and take it out, lol cutest thing ever! I absolutely love my balfouris they are beautiful with lots of personality and their webbing design is intriguing! I have been wanting a GBB, their coloration is dazzling and their funnel webs are a sight to behold. My P cambridgeis are pretty quick, but sweethearts at the same time. Glad to hear that your balfouris aren't fast, I have a blast trying to keep mine contained :D

Latest posts