• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

g. rosea

newtots

3 Year Member
so i have a 3" g.rosea and she just came out of a 8 month fast, she ate like 12 crickets in the last 3 days and was very violent about catching them. I've never seen or heard of them webbing much but i noticed last night she started pushing dirt from her hide into the entrance and is now webbing herself in.... is this normal???(she also isn't a confirmed female, she has yet to molt so i have no way to check.. she just seems more feminine to me i guess

Ghost

3 Year Member
After eating 12 crickets in 3 days she's probably digging in to go on another 8 month hunger strike lol.

I wouldn't worrie to much she's a G.rosea after all and who knows what's going on with them half the time..

Edit: I should have mentioned that my C.fasciatum did the same thing blocking the entrance to her hide with sub and wedding herself in,Then a couple weeks later she dug a hole at the back of her hide for a entrance so yes it's normal spider behaviour.....

Last edited:

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
After feeding, Ts often produce more web. I call it the victory web. My T used to always excavate its hide and dig random holes, general rose behavior.

Latest posts