• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.Rosea

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
I got my T back in august and 4 more ago she fell from the top of the tank and onto a rock I think she landed on her back legs anyways she went from brown to gray for a good 2 months and now she is back to brown and doing very well the tank was a old snake tank 6ft long by 1ft 18 inch wide by 1 ft. tall I do plan on getting her a smaller enclosure when I got the cash but her last tank was too tall and she was aggressive and in this tank she isn't aggressive at all (surprising since its big u would think she would strike at anything) but I was curious if anyone else T survived a fall like this especially for terrestrial T ......I know my pics are super blurry im sorry laptop camera xD
WIN_20141210_165608.JPG
WIN_20141121_094010.JPG
10742762_937467352933445_1250645945_o.jpg

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
That tank is massive, yes. However, if she is happy and settled (catching and eating food) you really could just leave her there. I do have one suggestion, add more substrate, like A LOT more. The more sub you have the less chances of your T falling and hurting herself again. I would say leave 6 or 7 inches at the top, fill the rest with sub.

Now, back to this fall. So if I am understanding you correctly, she fell 4 months ago? Since it's been so long she is probably just fine. If she is eating and moving around she's more than likely good. :)

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
awesome thank you and yeah it was a while back and she is surprisingly a big eater and I do plan on adding more substrate tat was just a 10 gallon pail full of clean dirt but I plan on changing her substrate to coconut fibre or something else and she did a lot of webbing too which is good :D

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Eco earth compressed bricks are pretty cheap. You can make a lot of sub without spending a ton of money. It's what I use in all of my enclosures. I don't follow the directions though, it makes the ee too soupy. I just add about 32 ounces of warm water, let it soak in, add more water, let it soak in... and on and on until it is all the consistency that I want it. Takes a bit to do, but you can walk away and come back to it.

Brandon Fox

3 Year Member
Hi guys, I am a new member and a beginner of the hobby. Just thought I'd show a few pictures of my first tarantula. Her name is Tina, 8 years old and I have had her since the 16th of December 2014
Tina 2.jpg
tina.jpg

Latest posts