• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Rosea.

HTay

3 Year Member
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
So I am extremely new to the tarantula world. I bought this T October 6th from a family owned pet store. I researched them and became interested fast. I am sad to come to the conclusion that I feel like I did not research enough. Help?

They told me she was a female. But I think it is a male due to the insane activity and want to come out of the terrarium. Any guesses or is it still too early? I haven't seen any signs of molt.
Also I do not know how old this spider is. I'm guessing it is still young.

To add, I have read that they have a weird appetite. This spider can eat 4-6 crickets every week.

Please help me. I want the absolute best for this new addition but I am so confused. It is also extremely docile. I can't handle it no problem.
Any advice regarding anything would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you perhaps post a picture of the enclosure of your T? We can then tell you more about what to change/do differently, if anything.

What size crickets are you feeding it? As long as they are not bigger than your T then its fine. I usually feed my T's once a week and depending on their size between 1-3 crickets.

Your T looks very healthy though so I would not be too worried. A reason why it is trying to get out of the enclosure could be because the substrate you have is too moist.

So please post a picture and we'll help out.

tcrave

3 Year Member
beautiful rosie, its hard to tell on the sex with out a molt. unless the t is a mature male.every t has its own personality, my rose is a female and she is very active. she currently has a sac and is all over her enclosure with it. my young male rosie is a pet rock.

HTay

3 Year Member
This is what the enclosure looks like.
I use coconut fiber substrate.
Thank you!
I'm glad she looks healthy!
I feed her medium-small crickets. She loves to eat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41

Latest posts