• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.rosea sling finally molted..

truckinJessy

3 Year Member
I come home to find my sling has molted. But I
It was spread out in it's water dish, have no clue how long it was laying in it.. I really thought it was dead till I started lightly touching it, it started moving all it's legs..& crawled out while touching it. I've had it for about a month.. I'll say it was 1/2" now its close to 3/4". I just don't know if it fell or crawled into the water dish, it did molt right next to the waster dish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Who knows why they do the things they do. Is it extremely dry in your house? Maybe the baby knew it needed more humidity? I'm assuming you mean there was water in the dish ?

truckinJessy

3 Year Member
Who knows why they do the things they do. Is it extremely dry in your house? Maybe the baby knew it needed more humidity? I'm assuming you mean there was water in the dish ?

No it's not dry in my home.. I believe it's in a perfect habitat. From what I understand is that g.rosea's don't like alot of humidity.. But sling g.rosea's need the high humidity so they won't dry out. a small container 4x5 3 1/2 tall with not to many holes.. the side the cap water dish is on stay's good humidity especially around the cap, I have no holes on that side. I do notice it likes the more damp side, I mist the walls.. It does climb sometimes, now since it molted it grips good.. I have the cap dish sunk into the substrate level, it molted right next to the dish. I honestly believe it fell in..there was water in it. It seems to be doing fine, I'm gonna try and feed it after a few days.. Was trying once a week before the molt it never did eat, now that's over hopefully it'll grab a cricket..

Ready to figure out if it's Female or male... Do I can stop calling it IT. LOL

Latest posts