• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Rosea question

primekeeper

3 Year Member
hello guys, quick question, but grotesque but what colour should a G. rosea's feces be feeding on locusts? been keeping T's now for a number of years but new to the Rosea Genus. also, if the feces are red, is this a concern?

thank you for your time.
Ash.

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
only feed mine red racer roaches and she always craps white. no idea with locusts or what the red could indicate.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That doesn't sound good. Never heard of it happening, but if I were you I would research it..check for threads on forums about it. Sorry for your trouble.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Prey can influence fecal color. Since tarantulas have hemolymph(copper based and blue), not blood(iron based and red), the red coloration must be from what it has been eating. Locusts do produce digestive juice, that tobacco looking ooze, which may be the cause of the red coloration.

primekeeper

3 Year Member
Prey can influence fecal color. Since tarantulas have hemolymph(copper based and blue), not blood(iron based and red), the red coloration must be from what it has been eating. Locusts do produce digestive juice, that tobacco looking ooze, which may be the cause of the red coloration.

thankyou for the reply, it was only one but was worth the question.