• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. pulchripes slings

shaun

3 Year Member
2 new joiners. Both ate a couple of fruit flies on day one, a good start.
20210312_080023.jpg

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Nice. Gonna be watchin the grass grow a while eh? I got 3 a while back hoping to get at least one female. All 3 are different sizes. I like to use mealworm segments for mine. Fattens them up without threatening or stressing them out. I also find crickets and fruit flies to be a pain in the...

shaun

3 Year Member
Yes, it was an experiment with fruit flies. The culture is a bit smelly but the spiders scoff them down. When they get bigger I'll give them cricket legs

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, it was an experiment with fruit flies. The culture is a bit smelly but the spiders scoff them down. When they get bigger I'll give them cricket legs
Fruit flies are great for stimulating hunting/feeding but they are not very nutritious, so make sure you supplement with frozen mealworm bits

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
I have tried mini mealworms and my slings don't seem very keen on them atm but they have all been raised on micro crickets and some may be in premoult too.So far 1st,2nd or micro( for my micro slings) brown crickets have been great for me and give me best feeding response.But they don't travel well in cold so have been a bit difficult to get them lately.
I will insist on the mealworms as are easier to manage even if I am like ninja with the them small tweezers now.lol
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts