• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.pulchra 2"

BossHog

First molt was February 12th and he/she molted again on March 16th. Finally threw the molt into the water dish and was able to get some good photos. I am thinking it's a male. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_150507.jpg
    IMG_20210317_150507.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210317_150426.jpg
    IMG_20210317_150426.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210317_150458.jpg
    IMG_20210317_150458.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is what G pulchra spermatheca looks like
100_7801.jpg

Sometimes when exos dry the spermatheca roll up or stick making it hard to see. Re-wet the area between the anterior book lungs with soapy or salty water and see if you can articulate the slit with a toothpick to reveal a flap like the pic above.

Spermatheca will mature, and grow, with the T, so immature females will have smaller, less-developed spermatheca. Sexing from exos becomes easier with older Ts, usually, as every thing is bigger and more developed.

For G pulchra, a flap, or semlence of a flap, female; no flap, male.

BossHog

This is what G pulchra spermatheca looks likeView attachment 54870

Sometimes when exos dry the spermatheca roll up or stick making it hard to see. Re-wet the area between the anterior book lungs with soapy or salty water and see if you can articulate the slit with a toothpick to reveal a flap like the pic above.

Spermatheca will mature, and grow, with the T, so immature females will have smaller, less-developed spermatheca. Sexing from exos becomes easier with older Ts, usually, as every thing is bigger and more developed.

For G pulchra, a flap, or semlence of a flap, female; no flap, male.
Hey,
I wetted it down with soapy water and put it under a microscope. Using a pick I was able to move the slit around and a small piece of skin unrolled but it was very small maybe I tore something up. I would take a picture but I accidentally ripped the molt shorty after.