• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. porteri/rosea

jackys

3 Year Member
This one has not yet molted in my care- anyone able to guess its sex from the ventral view? Hopefully these pics are clear enough...

DSC04599.JPG
DSC04598.JPG

Thistles

3 Year Member
The lighting is weird and the angle is off. I would lean female just based on the shadows, but that pic doesn't let me make a good guess, sorry.

jackys

3 Year Member
No problem. Sexing Ts is still new to me. But based off what I've seem with others thats what I think. Ideally the best way is with a molt

I'm really looking forward to seeing a molt- it would be my first one ever! This one hasn't taken food for a month, so hopefully it's coming up... although I've heard lots about the notorious rosie fasting. I think she's been looking darker/rounder recently too, but it could also be my imagination.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm really looking forward to seeing a molt- it would be my first one ever! This one hasn't taken food for a month, so hopefully it's coming up... although I've heard lots about the notorious rosie fasting. I think she's been looking darker/rounder recently too, but it could also be my imagination.
Ive heard that as well. Hopefully you will get a molt instead:)

jackys

3 Year Member
Woke up this morning to see a freshly-molted spider! I'm so pumped!

The exuvia is inside of her hide but I will try to get it out when I can avoid disturbing her.

Latest posts