• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

found her

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
Found a widow....she's beautiful

Attachments

• IMG_20150912_005442.jpg
    IMG_20150912_005442.jpg
    669.2 KB · Views: 45

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Little fuzzy in the picture but looks like a mactans. These are the most aggressive and most venomous widow in the U.S. Use precaution. But they are gorgeous!

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
Oh Denny.....I couldn't find her dead or alive in the enclosure after vacation. She had holes the size of a pencil lead in top of the jar and I had mesh over it.....I hate to admit it....but I'm sook hoping she expired and dried up. I don't see any possible way she could have escaped

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Jennifer,

Any update? Generally, the widows don't attempt to leave an enclosure but if they do, they are slow movers (other than the slings of course who are desperately trying to find a new home). I think she is still in there. Hopefully.

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
I never found her. She was not aggressive or seemed to be wanting out of the enclosure. We are moving this weekend. I'll be going through closets and looking behind furniture very carefully.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I never found her. She was not aggressive or seemed to be wanting out of the enclosure. We are moving this weekend. I'll be going through closets and looking behind furniture very carefully.
I am so sorry Jennifer. It is our worst nightmare to have any arachnid escape let alone a potentially lethal one. I love widows but u may want to contact an exterminator to ensure the next resident is safe. Really surprised she escaped and was not located within a short distance of the enclosure. Wish you the best in resolving this.

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Uhhhh, was someone watching the place while you were on Vacation? Hate to say it but I lost a few pet inverts that way... I say watch my pets they here Watch for Pests and voila your ooth of Mantids you have been waiting to hatch is covered in insecticide... Hope it works out for ya

Latest posts