• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food leftovers in deep Burrows?

Food leftovers, get it out and risk destroying the burrow or?

• Get it out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave the food and risk it

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

JC1

3 Year Member
How do i go about getting the food leftovers? My sling is an excessive burrower, and it likes to eat in his borrow, very deep down below. it went down, now going sideways, deep into the soil. Im worried about the leftovers... if i dont see any, should i go down and look for it? i dont want to destroy its burrow... the sling is about 1 inch, maybe smaller...

Attachments

• CRvssOqUEAAtqOS.jpg
    CRvssOqUEAAtqOS.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 19

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As long as the food remains are not going mouldy there shouldn't be a problem. I usually find that they will eventually push their rubbish out onto the surface.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was always told to leave it. u dont want to go tearing their stuff up everytime they eat. they should kick it out.

timc

3 Year Member
I have this problem with a couple spiders...I just let them take care of themselves but always double check for anything out of the ordinary. if it's not bothering them why should I bother them?

Latest posts