• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Foam gun

regalis

Anybody know how to fix a foam gun. Or what could be wrong? I cleaned / flushed it with the gun cleaner after I used it. I just came to use it but it's dead. No pressure in it!? :(
ctl7155636f.jpg

JayManges

Acetone works well for dissolving the foam itself. Try soaking the gun in acetone and see if that works. If it doesn't work, you may need to disassemble the gun and soak the individual parts in acetone. Also, scrape away anything that might be clogging the gun. It would be a good idea to wear gloves. Acetone can be hard on the skin.

regalis

Acetone works well for dissolving the foam itself. Try soaking the gun in acetone and see if that works. If it doesn't work, you may need to disassemble the gun and soak the individual parts in acetone. Also, scrape away anything that might be clogging the gun. It would be a good idea to wear gloves. Acetone can be hard on the skin.
I stripped and rebuilt the gun and it is still dead. Nothing at all blocking it. I spent most of the day changing the oil and servicing my truck so my hands are already done! :D

JayManges

I stripped and rebuilt the gun and it is still dead. Nothing at all blocking it. I spent most of the day changing the oil and servicing my truck so my hands are already done! :D
Well, it was worth a try. Fortunately, those foam guns aren't all that expensive. I'm curious though. What are you going to do with all that spray foam? Looks like you have a major project in the works.

regalis

Well, it was worth a try. Fortunately, those foam guns aren't all that expensive. I'm curious though. What are you going to do with all that spray foam? Looks like you have a major project in the works.
I have 4 45x45x90 exo terras, 2 30x30x45 exo terras and 2 20x20x30 exo terras to do custom backgrounds and hides on. I have more foam than that..... that was just a top up! Haha

JayManges

I have 4 45x45x90 exo terras, 2 30x30x45 exo terras and 2 20x20x30 exo terras to do custom backgrounds and hides on. I have more foam than that..... that was just a top up! Haha
Sounds like you are going to be up to your elbows in spray foam and coco fiber. I just let my daughter spray foam and decorate a 20 gallon enclosure because she is way more artistic than me. Overall project turned out pretty nice. Still have no idea what we are going to put in it but I did let my juvenile LP romp around in it for a bit.

Attachments

• 20200322_203457.jpg
    20200322_203457.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds like you are going to be up to your elbows in spray foam and coco fiber. I just let my daughter spray foam and decorate a 20 gallon enclosure because she is way more artistic than me. Overall project turned out pretty nice. Still have no idea what we are going to put in it but I did let my juvenile LP romp around in it for a bit.
That came out great!

regalis

Wow that looks awesome. We can buy fishing spiders in uk so with a water section like that I know what I would have lol :p

JayManges

Wow that looks awesome. We can buy fishing spiders in uk so with a water section like that I know what I would have lol :p
I bought the tank and the waterfall new from a local auction for $20. Couldn't pass up a deal like that. My original thought was an H. Gigas because they like water but I really don't care a lot for their disposition. Pet hole with a temper is all. Going to see how dry I can make and then go from there. However, fishing spiders do sound interesting.

Latest posts