• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fly spray & air freshner.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Am I correct in assuming that fly spray is a big NO in the same room as my T's? And air fresheners & spray on deodorant near, or in the same room as the enclosures?

I ask because my daughter use to keep fish when she was younger & I had to do a fair amount of the work for her sometimes. So I picked up a little of the basics of keeping fish & both fly spray & sprayed air fresheners, deodorants etc were considered to be big problems to fish. Is the same true with T's?

Also we have three dogs which all get regular spot on flea treatments. This again was a problem with fish & washing your hand was not a guarantee of keeping your fish safe. But time & several washes of your hands were.

Sorry if this is a regular question here, but I did try & do a search, but nothing came up. My reason for asking is that normally I avoid using fly spray, but this year we seem to have been invaded by them & I was about to use some yesterday, then thought better of it, moved the T's into another room, sprayed the lounge & then gave it about 45 minutes before returning the T's.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks I assumed so, but thought it was best to check rather than make a wrong assumption.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I also would not use any strong cleaners in the same room...anything that smells is most likely not ok.

Latest posts