• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time i have seen her in 6 months!

paulcfc

My feather legged baboon,seems to have changed colour to match the cork.

Attachments

• SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPID1.jpg
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPID1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44

paulcfc

I bought him/her as a stromatopelma calceatum,but you guys think he/her is slightly different?Not that it bothers me...it's still highly strung and loves attacking a pencil!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought him/her as a stromatopelma calceatum,but you guys think he/her is slightly different?Not that it bothers me...it's still highly strung and loves attacking a pencil!
Leave that pencil alone :)
It can get to your hand from the tip of the pencil faster than the blink of an eye and trust me either an H. mac or a S. calceatum you absolutely do not want to get bitten. If you do, please get it on video as it would make for quite a funny thread. P.S: it also can get armed and easily break a fang on the pencil. Cheers.

paulcfc

Leave that pencil alone :)
It can get to your hand from the tip of the pencil faster than the blink of an eye and trust me either an H. mac or a S. calceatum you absolutely do not want to get bitten. If you do, please get it on video as it would make for quite a funny thread. P.S: it also can get armed and easily break a fang on the pencil. Cheers.
Thank's for the reply...i think i'll just keep looking at the tube of cork that she calls home on the off chance she comes out again!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank's for the reply...i think i'll just keep looking at the tube of cork that she calls home on the off chance she comes out again!
Leave a few crickets and leave her in the complete dark. Go back to check on her after a few hours. It is how I get to see some of my most secretive Ts :)
I use red led lights to help.