• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First post in a while...

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Hey everyone, just wanted to say what's up, haven't had much time to post anything lately, just been too busy between work, breeding projects with the snakes and the kids baseball, gives me just enough time to maintain all the animals, after that im whipped out lol I've been checking in every time I get the chance and can't help but notice all the new faces and see some of the good things going on for everyone, happy to see the forum is growing and still as active as ever.

As for me kinda got down on my Ts for a little bit, I had 4 more pass away recently, my A.Metallica, N.Chromatus, N.Tripepii and my big P.cancerides all died in the same week. Tried not to let it get me down but couldn't help but feel like I did something wrong with everything going on, all showed signs of dks suddenly before dying so I've been on edge with the others ever since but everything seems good now and im in better spirits with everything.

Finally have a little time off work and a break from baseball for the holiday, so just wanted to pop on and see what's going on. You'll be seeing me back on more here soon now that stuffs starting to slow down for me.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Hello!

Sorry to hear about your tarantulas dying. I thought I'd mention that another poster here recently had a similar issue and he blames his dogs flea products. Might that be a possibility for you? Either way, I hope your luck improves.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back. Don't be discouraged, accidents happen. I'm the one Tom is reffering to. I lost 20 of mine because I didnt wash my hands before doing maintenance. Several were expensive ones. It sucks, but I learned from it. I scrub my water dishes under clean water, and if they're not bad I just use my hand and rinse them out. I rubbed flea killer into my dishes. All of them were showing symptoms of dks before they died.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Welcome back. Don't be discouraged, accidents happen. I'm the one Tom is reffering to. I lost 20 of mine because I didnt wash my hands before doing maintenance. Several were expensive ones. It sucks, but I learned from it. I scrub my water dishes under clean water, and if they're not bad I just use my hand and rinse them out. I rubbed flea killer into my dishes. All of them were showing symptoms of dks before they died.
Thanks, good to be back. It very well could have been some kind of pesticides. I try to make it a good habit of washing my hands before handling any of my animals, but never know, I handle that kind of stuff at work sometimes, could of slipped up or had it on my clothes or something. I had the same thing happen where I lost a bunch at once 2 years ago but I know that was from bad crickets, I don't use crickets for my Ts anymore so I can scratch that off this time.

Latest posts