• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Pokie

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Knock before you enter...its the polite thing to do. ;)
20201215_185555_1_1.gif

ta122

Slings are pretty skittish, and the first instinct of all of mine is to hide. They get scared when I walk by. This made rehousing somewhat of a pain, but if you use their desire to go up to your advantage, it should be easier. I advise plenty of hiding spots in their enclosure.

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Slings are pretty skittish, and the first instinct of all of mine is to hide. They get scared when I walk by. This made rehousing somewhat of a pain, but if you use their desire to go up to your advantage, it should be easier. I advise plenty of hiding spots in their enclosure.
Thank you !

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pokies are no big deal to keep, they have their quirks but you'll get used to them quickly I suspect.

As mentioned, they have the potential to be bolty when startled so let them know you're coming and expect a spazzy spider.

I have several regalis that are out on display all the time and several that prefer privacy. Lear what yours likes and provide accordingly.

Excited for you!

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Pokies are no big deal to keep, they have their quirks but you'll get used to them quickly I suspect.

As mentioned, they have the potential to be bolty when startled so let them know you're coming and expect a spazzy spider.

I have several regalis that are out on display all the time and several that prefer privacy. Lear what yours likes and provide accordingly.

Excited for you!

lmh

1st, Congrats! I just got my 1st Pokies this past year. #1 is a P. regalis, a T that Ive coveted for far longer than a decade (lol) and #2 is a P. metallica (hadnt really been on my proverbial RADAR but like em just the same). Theyre both very different in terms of behavior and both are freaking AWESOME. Individual personalities aside, the only thing I'd add is always just THINK before you DO with these guys. EVERY TIME. Think through what you're going to do and how and how that particular T may respond. Adjust accordingly and you should be good to go because better safe than sorry (you OR the T!)

Trainwreck

Pokies are great, like everyone said let it know your coming when getting into the enclosure so it can hide. With mine I tried to avoid opening the door as much as possible by making a little hatch to water and feed through, also I only rehoused once from its sling enclosure to its permanent one to avoid the possibility of escape. It did get out once but nobody died

Latest posts