• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First exotic pet show

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi,
Bring cash :)
Here in NY, the regular Reptile Expos have not resumed yet because of covid. It might be different in TN, but here because of the winter temperatures, exotic expos are usually book in well insulated venues and the air recycled to preserve the heat all the animals need. In addition to this, they are usually extremely crowded (shoulders to shoulders the whole time). My son and I, from 5 years old on, have been going to all of them near us religiously but I can't imagine being comfortable right now going to one of them, if it wasn't an event held outdoors. Hopefully you'll have better luck down South where it is warmer. Cheers.
P.S: 1st arrived and first entered get first choices on high demands and hard to find Ts. Last to leave also get the best deals on left over inventories and stock vendors need to move. Regardless of the price listed, it never hurts to ask the "best price" they could do on a T, especially if you are buying a few from the same vendor ask for a "bundle" price or maybe a freeby as you would receive from most online vendors.

Cheers.

Tn tarantula

Hi,
Bring cash :)
Here in NY, the regular Reptile Expos have not resumed yet because of covid. It might be different in TN, but here because of the winter temperatures, exotic expos are usually book in well insulated venues and the air recycled to preserve the heat all the animals need. In addition to this, they are usually extremely crowded (shoulders to shoulders the whole time). My son and I, from 5 years old on, have been going to all of them near us religiously but I can't imagine being comfortable right now going to one of them, if it wasn't an event held outdoors. Hopefully you'll have better luck down South where it is warmer. Cheers.
P.S: 1st arrived and first entered get first choices on high demands and hard to find Ts. Last to leave also get the best deals on left over inventories and stock vendors need to move. Regardless of the price listed, it never hurts to ask the "best price" they could do on a T, especially if you are buying a few from the same vendor ask for a "bundle" price or maybe a freeby as you would receive from most online vendors.

Cheers.
I sure do appreciate the advice when I got my ticket for the expo I got the vip so I get in an hour before they open I'm bringing my son and daughter yeah I'm definitely going to hit up the best deals I can find not just spiders but husbandry as well and food

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I sure do appreciate the advice when I got my ticket for the expo I got the vip so I get in an hour before they open I'm bringing my son and daughter yeah I'm definitely going to hit up the best deals I can find not just spiders but husbandry as well and food
Best deals are usually on the second day if its a two day show. Vendors try to make money on the first day and try not to go home with anything on the second day. I've cleaned up on day two a few times.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Dammitt. I was caught off-guard! Looks like there’s another one May 1st. Seems like a terribly l o n g wait.
Well now you can make sure you have everything in place for the show. Including saving up more money for more Ts and Stuff.

Latest posts