• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally back in the hobby!!!

xTN-ANTMANx

3 Year Member
Hey everyone! So, as my name suggests, I LOVE ants! I have 15 diff colonies with 10 different species. I used to keep Ts about 10 yrs ago but I got out of the invert hobby (I'm 30 now) and in the past month got back into it. The amount of information out there now is thrilling and so easily accessible. Since coming back, I received my first order from FearNotTarantulas.com (Tanya is awesome btw) 2 days b4 Thanksgiving...that order had my first 7 Ts back into the hobby lol. Since then, I believe I have got a new one almost each weekend bringing my count to 11 already...my most recent being my profile pic...lets see who guesses it first XD. I absolutely love any and all inverts and I'm looking to expand into centipedes, assassin bugs, scorpions,...you get the picture. Id love to chat about Ts with anyone or any inverts for that matter. At the moment, I'm waiting for these holidays to hurry and get over so I can continue my collection advancement. I'm glad I can be a part of this group and thanks to all in advance for any questions I may have.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hiya, welcome back to the hobby. There are so many beautiful Ts around now I'm sure you're going to be spoilt for choice :)

xTN-ANTMANx

3 Year Member
Oh man you have no idea. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos. Really there's only three or four people I really watch but the diversity of tarantulas now is outstanding. I can't even begin 2 say how many there are on my list lol. I do have the P. metallica out of the way already though. I'm hoping it's a female but it's not my favorite. To be honest right now I think P. iriminia (female of course) is one of my top favs. There is something about their dark black color mixed with the slight orange details. An absolutely beautiful tarantula. My sling actually just molted and opened her tunnel up today finally. I say her but I'm not sure what the sex is just yet. It's only about an inch or a little over

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@xTN-ANTMANx I too love the P. irminia, my first turned out to be male and died earlier this year and the one I have now is as yet unsexed. One of my favourites is the Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, I've watched my girl grow from a dull grey half inch sling into a magnificent almost 6" glossy black monster.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Welcome back Ant-man. I don’t do other animals these days but I have gone T wild (as much as I can afford anyways). As you said there is an amazing amount of species to choose from these days. I have a P metallica sling and it is not my favorite either. My top are P rufilata because she is a beast and my gbbs because their webbing is incredible to watch. I’m looking forward to expanding in 2018 as well!

Latest posts