• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female T size

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hello everyone!
How can you tell when a female is able and ready to breed? Can you judge it on size? Or is there indications that will let you know? (Example: with male hooks and or making speam webs)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was told by a breeder if she responds then she's ready (taps). He also said that there isn't a time frame like males. Like with humans, what we would call a girl not mature yet (pre teens) actually she could still get pregnant. Kinda a messed up way to explain it ... other breeders agreed with him so I guess it must be somewhat true?? Id say if she taps shes ready. Im not sure about the other but i can contest to one of my young females taps like crazy when my male is by her enclosure...i would say that she's immature by looking at her but she's interested.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
None of my females ever tap until a male is in their cage..I'd love to hear them do it but mine never do. I even tap on their enclosures, and nada. My friend has a roomful of Poecis that are always drumming. Maybe I need to make my room warmer.