• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female sp. Borneo Black

Cliff

3 Year Member
Just bought a female sp Borneo Black (as advertised anyway), yet I'm concerned as this 2.5 in specimen is still very brown so I'm thinking my she is a he. . Do the females start out brown? Or does the black not fully come out in females until they fully mature. I've been burnt on one of these before so i'm just feeling around as there must be a few people who have gone through the process with this species. Not much info out there on these guys, or good advice anyway. Thanks in advance

Poec54

3 Year Member
'Brown' as in medium, dark, or light brown? Light brown definitely means male. If you go to Arachnoboards, 'Advan' (Chad Campbell) posted some great pics in the past few months of 2" Borneo male and female. Do a search.

tcrave

3 Year Member
Borneo Black as they continue to grow there color will change, when mature the males will be light brown like poec posted. I have a female whos 3 in still alittle brown but getting much darker each time,

Cliff

3 Year Member
Thanks for the replies on this. My gut is def telling me it's a male. Paid a pretty penny for this guy which was sold as a "female" specimen.

tcrave

3 Year Member
if you are sure its a male and you paid for a female, contact the seller. But I would not go by the color just yet. wait for a decent molt or if you can get a good ventral shot, and post it. but just in case before do contact the seller if you are unsure

Latest posts