• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeling accomplished

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 or 3 weeks ago my Lp sling molted. Everything went as expected yet within 3 days i found it in a death curl.Waterdish was always full and I wasn't sure why it had or what to do.

I overflowed waterdish to make sure there was moisture in the sub it could get to and kept an eye on it.

It started to look promising. It was able to move (although wobbly) and I continued what I was doing.

2 days later, death curl again. This cycle continued for the last few weeks but for the last 3 days it's looked much better.

Just now I thought I'd try something. It was looking ok so I offered up a bean weevil.

Success. It pounced on it and is now enjoying its first meal for a while.

I know it's not a "desireable" sling and they aren't difficult to get hold of but it doesn't matter. Still a member of the collection and it feels good knowing that it can still have the opportunity to grow into potentially a display T for a collection

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great news.
Who says they're not "desireable"? LPs are gorgeous Ts, maybe not as colourful as some but they are impressive. I've had my girl from a 1" sling. she's now around 6" dls and I wouldn't be without her.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
20180831_192746.jpg
20180816_183328.jpg
20180726_201945.jpg
She thinks shes very desirable...;)

Latest posts