• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeling Accomplished :D

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
After what feels like a long time and misteps, and struggles at certain employers, I am finally moving to a salaried position with clientele that I enjoy working with. It feels good to finally break the hourly bubble! I am about to start working as an ABA Therapist and I am excited to start this part of my journey and career. Just felt like sharing with you all :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations on finally getting that job, I hope all goes well for you :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After what feels like a long time and misteps, and struggles at certain employers, I am finally moving to a salaried position with clientele that I enjoy working with. It feels good to finally break the hourly bubble! I am about to start working as an ABA Therapist and I am excited to start this part of my journey and career. Just felt like sharing with you all :)
congrats!!

Hourly isn't that bad. I'd rather be hourly than salary, at least here. Here if your salary you make more than hourly, but get no extra pay for longer work weeks. Friends of mine in the application development group are salary, they work a 50 hr week and get nothing for it, i work a 50 hr week and I get 10 hrs overtime at 1.5x ;)

Kole G

3 Year Member
Good luck with your new employment! I got a nice $5 raise this year but we got nothing for snow....will be alot nicer in the summer working 50 hour weeks!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
congrats!!

Hourly isn't that bad. I'd rather be hourly than salary, at least here. Here if your salary you make more than hourly, but get no extra pay for longer work weeks. Friends of mine in the application development group are salary, they work a 50 hr week and get nothing for it, i work a 50 hr week and I get 10 hrs overtime at 1.5x ;)

Here it depends on the job field and company. For what I am moving to, an ABA Therapist, salary is better with this particular company. I will be working 1:1 with clients, and in a salaried position if the client cancels, I still get paid just go to the office to work instead of the appointment. Hourly I wouldn't get paid for a cancellation, though the hourly rate at the new company is more than the hourly rate at my current employer. I currently get overtime in this hourly, but also cost of living here is a bit more expensive in general than the midwest (last I knew anyhow).

Latest posts