• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding

Coolt

3 Year Member
Hello everyone. I’ve been a keeper for about 4 years now and love it. But I have a question for anyone who would answer. It’s about feeding. And the question is should I feed them if the Abdomen looks full. Like my golden blue leg that I know I have feed two weeks

sunset

Heyllo,
So it depends. That's not a lot of info to go off from, but there's a whole section on feeding that's tagged you could def. Take a look, try searching in the search bar above, Best of luck

timc

3 Year Member
When one of mine looks fat I slow way down on feeding, offering a smaller size prey item as a maintenance meal, usually when I’ve forgotten the last time they’ve eaten. They’ll either go into premolt or take the food. When they’re big they won’t starve.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I reduce food size if I think a T is getting too large. But T's get a big chunk of their water intake from food. So I always offer food, even if it does get a little smaller at times.

Latest posts