• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding????

krazybob

So i have a curly hair and i have it for a week i drop a wax worm into his cage and he is freaked out and runs away is it cuz he is still getting used to the new cage he is in last couple days he been acting very apprehensive first time i dropped food in to him he just bolts the other way

Grandsouls

how big is he?
And have you tried crickets or some other food?
And probably just getting use to his new cage your right.
I got a Avic, while ago, and first day I got her she 2 big crickets jumped right on the tongs to grab them, and she was fairly "kinda" thin so I offered her another day after and she ate. She just molted while ago, She refuses meal worms / super worms/ wax worms. Only like crickets I guess. But her reaction is the same she runs away from them like they are the spawn of satan

krazybob

how big is he?
And have you tried crickets or some other food?
And probably just getting use to his new cage your right.
I got a Avic, while ago, and first day I got her she 2 big crickets jumped right on the tongs to grab them, and she was fairly "kinda" thin so I offered her another day after and she ate. She just molted while ago, She refuses meal worms / super worms/ wax worms. Only like crickets I guess. But her reaction is the same she runs away from them like they are the spawn of satan
Curly hair about 3 inches. Its an adult dont no if male or female. Have not tried anything else except wax worms first time trying to feed

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wax worms are a nice treat but they don't have a lot of nutritional value
Crickets and roaches can be gut loaded prior to feeding which is nice

krazybob

20200428_100946~2.jpg

Latest posts