• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding tarantula lizard

Ajesus92

3 Year Member
DA0E07D1-7AA3-4A6F-A68E-FA3130E61AC5.png

Ajesus92

3 Year Member
Lol yes wooly also known as Brachypelma Albopilosum. Well I just change her tank enclosure a day ago, well her bedding and today I notice that when I tried to change her water bowl she tried to catch my hand. I threw a lizard and once again she’s eating. Is this bad? I know the store I bought her from rarely fed her.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Also...the calcium intake has been talked about giving Tarantulas complications leading to death during molting. Tarantulas don't have need for calcium. These places that raise lizards feed them calcium supplements because their feeders. Yes in the wild Tarantulas occasionally eat lizards because their optimistic hunters. Do you see where im going with this... Just because my Goliath birdeater can eat rats doesnt mean I should feed him rats.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm big on the occasional earthworm myself. Vertebrates with teeth and claws pose to much of a risk in my opinion.

Watching my Lasiodora slowly eat a worm twice as long as herself without leaving a trace is funny.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I feed my L klugi one earthworm a month and one as the first post molt feeding. I figure if I'm wrong and the fangs aren't 100%, the risks of damage is much lower. The other thing is that they are so skinny and getting them something to just bulk them up seems to be a good thing.

I'm going to see if my Pamphometeous sp machala, probably a suspect female odds 60/40, also likes worms. She's a lot smaller then my L klugi, but the behavior is so identical even to where they hang out in the cage it's worth a try. One thing for sure, she's super slim like thinspo as of now!! She'll probably be ready to eat on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Latest posts