• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Locusts

SB300

I've always had large colonies of several types of feeder roaches so I've never really fed much else like meal/super worms etc as I've always felt especially the way I feed them that the roaches are more nutritious safer and provide all sizes necessary from very tiny for spiderlings to large meaty adults for the bigger Roaches
So I decided to try locusts for the first time just for a change and to see the feeding response
To say I was surprised is an understatement as every T I fed with one had a very dramatic response including a grammy that hadn't fed for a few months (not a problem as she was in perfect condition) so that's made me decide to set up breeding locusts as excess nymphs which I'll definetly have will be great to feed my 100s of assassin's as they get through about 600/700+ Roaches a week
Took several pics most/all of which turned out rubbish and couldn't do a retake as I'd run out of locusts so apologies for quality
SB

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_093612.jpg
    IMG_20221115_093612.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 5
I've always had large colonies of several types of feeder roaches so I've never really fed much else like meal/super worms etc as I've always felt especially the way I feed them that the roaches are more nutritious safer and provide all sizes necessary from very tiny for spiderlings to large meaty adults for the bigger Roaches
So I decided to try locusts for the first time just for a change and to see the feeding response
To say I was surprised is an understatement as every T I fed with one had a very dramatic response including a grammy that hadn't fed for a few months (not a problem as she was in perfect condition) so that's made me decide to set up breeding locusts as excess nymphs which I'll definetly have will be great to feed my 100s of assassin's as they get through about 600/700+ Roaches a week
Took several pics most/all of which turned out rubbish and couldn't do a retake as I'd run out of locusts so apologies for quality
SB

PLEASE tell me youre in the US so i can purchase some locust nymphs from You ❗

Latest posts