• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Juveniles

Carsten

3 Year Member
Hi,

I have two juvenile T's (around 2"-2.5") and read somewhere that you can feed them every 2-3 days. Now I only have normal size mealworms as feeder and not superworms so does it still apply or should I feed them more often or give them two worms each time?

Thanks,

Carsten

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Sure, if they will eat that often its fine. I feed my slings that often, one A. insubtilis will eat everyday. Just remove prey after 24 hours. Everyday is feeding day in my T room. Lol!

Thivo

3 Year Member
One of my freind feed his T's everyday... And he feed all of his T's as long as the they want... We call it Power Feeding... Some of them refused too and he then take the feeder... And I can see no problem on what he's doing...

For my T's I give them now sliced of shrimps for I don't have livefood feeder (roaches/crickets/worms) to give, and they are all eating, except for some T's which are suspected pre-moult thats usually refused to eat...

Carsten

3 Year Member
Thanks for the replies. Do slings and juves stop eating before moult as well? I read that it is dangerous if they are too fat when going into moult. They might get stuck.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks for the replies. Do slings and juves stop eating before moult as well? I read that it is dangerous if they are too fat when going into moult. They might get stuck.
Of course they do, all tarantulas fast before molting. I've never heard anything about them getting stuck from being too fat. I believe you've been misinformed about that.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
i have feed 1cm slings then buy the next morning they have moulted :D
the onlt time u should have a bad moult is if the T is keept in the wrong connditions or your super unlucky. (but that statment does not include avics)

Latest posts