• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding day

RonC

3 Year Member
Last night was feeding day for my pair of Ts. I got the first about the middle of October and the second a couple of weeks later. The G.pulchra is about an inch and the G.pulchripes is almost an inch and a half. First time I've actually seen them capture their prey. The G.pulchripes reached up and grabbed the cricket off the roof of the hide and rolled it under her. The G.pulchra was a little more interesting. Actually put the cricket in the enclosure last night when the other T ate. Walked in first thing and the cricket was on top of the Ts mound jumping up and down trying to escape the enclosure. T has moved to the top of the burrow just under the soft plug of sub the cricket is jumping on. T appeared to push it's front legs through the soft sub till it touched the cricket then lunged through the sub and grabbed it and pulled it back into the burrow. Also the first time I've given it live prey and took it no problem. Pretty impressive feeding response from two little Grammostolas. Sorry no video.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I always love to see the little ones grab their food.

Latest posts