• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding a 1-2 yr old G. Pulchripes?

smallbike

3 Year Member
Hi there - I got my new T last week (thurs) and they told me she hadn’t eaten in about a week. I fed her Friday, and she ate one cricket that I saw her eat, and by the next morning, the other two were gone. It’s monday night, I fed her again, and she doesn’t seem hungry - one cricket literally walked under her mouth. Is she just still digesting her Friday night binge? I guess 3 crickets is kind of a lot for one day.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Slings i feed one pinhead cricket 2-3 times a week. I feed my juvenile Ts 1-2 small crickets a week. My adults eat 1-2 large crickets every 2 weeks. If you fed them too much too fast they tend to fast for long periods of time until they molt.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Slings i feed one pinhead cricket 2-3 times a week. I feed my juvenile Ts 1-2 small crickets a week. My adults eat 1-2 large crickets every 2 weeks. If you fed them too much too fast they tend to fast for long periods of time until they molt.
Thanks! She and I clearly react the same way to food. She’s probably good for a week or two then, at least.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If she doesn't take the cricket...pull it out. After a couple times refusing she may be in premolt. This could go on a couple of weeks or even months. Don't be alarmed it's normal. Make sure there's always water available.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Yeah, I had to hunt it down and put it back in the cricket-keeper. She def seems stressed so I’ll leave her alone and maybe see if she eats in a week or so.

Latest posts