• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FedEx rant

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In my job i have the "pleasure" of shipping lots of stuff to all over the country. Used to be the dreaded carrier was USPS and we'd avoid using the postal system whenever possible. Last few months, 6 or so maybe, Fed Ex has dropped to the worst carrier in the business.

We ship computer parts to an office of ours with next day delivery, they might get there next day, usually it's 2 days and tracking has been really spotty lately. I'll see packages that i know were delivered, cause i just called the recipient to help install the part, or make sure they got it, that still show "In Transit" or "On vehicle for delivery" for a day or 2 days after.

Seeing this first hand now with my gecko :( shipped last night, guaranteed deliverey by 11 am i think is their morning shipping, it's 12:30 now and still haven't seen my new pet. FedEx has come and gone. Tracking shows it's in transit.... Beating and throttling delivery drivers should be allowed and applauded in these situations :p

I should have specified the postal service for shipping at least we've been having their shipments delivered on time lately.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My rant about FedEx:

Never had issues with delays, however, they rough handle their packages. That's why I don't offer LAG when a customer chooses FedEx for shipping. I know the reason why is because they are pressed for time and have to make that deadline.....but I've had soooooo many DOA's with FedEx that I refuse to ship with them.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I havent had any issues with fedex. I even had T shipped through ups once with no issue. Ive only had issues with upsp. And its only been with feeders so far. They delayed 500 dubias on me for a week. Thankfuly very few dead.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been advised by a major seller that Fed Ex now refuses to deliver live animals to a residential address. Anyone else hear of this???

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been advised by a major seller that Fed Ex now refuses to deliver live animals to a residential address. Anyone else hear of this???
never heard of that, must be new. I always have them shipped ot my office and use my lunch to unbox them.

Latest posts