• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FedEx is sending my T's back to the supplier

ILoveMyT

Hi guys, so this is a weird one for me. I ordered tarantulas from the spidershop.pl I am in Ireland and there should have been no problems having them sent between these EU countries. Well my delivery was late so I contacted FedEx. They told me that the sender said the package was just plastic tubes - which is isn't and that since my package is apparently prohibited they have sent them back. Has anyone had this issue before I am new to buying T's online but from my knowledge the tarantulas can be sent between EU countries with no hassle. Is this just because the sender used FedEx? I am seriously upset, I have made them their habitats and got everything ready. I feel so heartbroken.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You must contact Jakub at spidershop.pl and explain what has happened, he's a great bloke and will do what he can. I used him many times before we left the EU and never had a problem although he used to just send them through the post.

ILoveMyT

You must contact Jakub at spidershop.pl and explain what has happened, he's a great bloke and will do what he can. I used him many times before we left the EU and never had a problem although he used to just send them through the post.
Thank you, I sent him a message just waiting back now. I just can't believe FedEx did that, now they have to be sent all the way back without heat as there is no way the heat mat is still warm in there. It isn't fair on Jakob either if they do not survive during this ordeal

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're tougher than you think but please, keep us updated.

ILoveMyT

UPDATE- Jakub will refund me but will not send spiders to me again he said I should not have mentioned to FedEx that I was waiting for my tarantulas to arrive. He has also told me that he is not worried about the tarantula's safety right now he is concerned about the issues he will now have with FedEx. I assumed FedEx knew there were spiders in there as Jakub never told me anything about hiding that fact from the courier.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
UPDATE- Jakub will refund me but will not send spiders to me again he said I should not have mentioned to FedEx that I was waiting for my tarantulas to arrive. He has also told me that he is not worried about the tarantula's safety right now he is concerned about the issues he will now have with FedEx. I assumed FedEx knew there were spiders in there as Jakub never told me anything about hiding that fact from the courier.

That is not good. This does not sound like him not being honest with the courier, more knowingly dishonest with them & that cannot be seen as a sign of good trading practices.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so please you are to get a refund but surely FedEx had already sent the Ts back before you told them what was in the package.

ILoveMyT

That is not good. This does not sound like him not being honest with the courier, more knowingly dishonest with them & that cannot be seen as a sign of good trading practices.
I've only heard good things about him, he had told me he assumed everyone knew that you shouldn't tell the courier about the T's and in over 20 years in business he had never had this issue. I am really let down as I wanted to use him for loads more orders but he won't let me order now and keeps telling me he hopes he can still use FedEx

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
he had told me he assumed everyone knew that you shouldn't tell the courier about the T's

I have never been told that & some sellers put labels on the packaging saying it's Invertebrates inside. One of my local post women is really interested in what we have delivered.

ILoveMyT

I have never been told that & some sellers put labels on the packaging saying it's Invertebrates inside. One of my local post women is really interested in what we have delivered.
I thought that was what all of the suppliers did! He continued to let me know that I may have caused major issues for him because I should have gone to him for tracking not FedEx..even though FedEx was contacting me directly via text :( I now have to find a new place that has the same spiders.

ILoveMyT

x_raphael_xx

No idea what Irelands rules are, but in the UK you can send inverts thru normal post no issue (the lady at the Royal mail counter checked the rules when I posted some roaches out)

Ian14

I have only used this company once and would never use them again. Shocking experience. 1 sling dead on arrival, the rest dropped dead over the following few days. Packaging was terrible.
Quite clearly he has lied in what was being declared as being posted so has, in effect, smuggled them.

Ian14

I have only used this company once and would never use them again. Shocking experience. 1 sling dead on arrival, the rest dropped dead over the following few days. Packaging was terrible.
Quite clearly he has lied in what was being declared as being posted so has, in effect, smuggled them

ILoveMyT

Out of interest was this to Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland? And what species were being sent?
All I could find were good experience so this was shocking. I suggested he speak to FedEx due to the fact they may not even send them back to him either and he flat out said he doesn't feel like talking to them :( I am so disappointed. This is for the Republic not the North so even if I had something like a hamorii it would be legal to send here without issues I am so starting a breeding service

ILoveMyT

No idea what Irelands rules are, but in the UK you can send inverts thru normal post no issue (the lady at the Royal mail counter checked the rules when I posted some roaches out)
It shouldn't have been an issue if he got the OK from FedEx, from what I hear most of the time they won't ship these things. He should have been able to send them via normal post no problem and I know here DPD will ship them no problem. Just a whole nightmare and I got blamed for it too - but I am not the one who lied to their shipping company -.-