• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favorite or fantasy destination?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As we move start to see the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel, everyone I know is dreaming of where they will go as soon as they can.

I would love to go to Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia (or all 3) but I would easily settle for Hawaii right now, Kauai to be exact.

How about you?

Ajbeardow

As we move start to see the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel, everyone I know is dreaming of where they will go as soon as they can.

I would love to go to Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia (or all 3) but I would easily settle for Hawaii right now, Kauai to be exact.

How about you?
I've been craving Ibiza lately. I think I just fancy some sun and nice landscapes without having anything better to do than relax, get drunk, and make questionable life choices.

I'm dying to do the whole tourist thing in Florida again too. Preferably see some more of America too.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've been craving Ibiza lately. I think I just fancy some sun and nice landscapes without having anything better to do than relax, get drunk, and make questionable life choices.

I'm dying to do the whole tourist thing in Florida again too. Preferably see some more of America too.
F-ck Florida, the armpit of the south lol Ft. Lauderdale is nice if you're over 70 tho

Ibiza, also on my list. The stuff you would do there I do everywhere I go lol

Ajbeardow

F-ck Florida, the armpit of the south lol Ft. Lauderdale is nice if you're over 70 tho

Ibiza, also on my list. The stuff you would do there I do everywhere I go lol
I didn't see much outside of the parks and restaurants while I was there, and I've heard that's about all that's worth seeing haha.

It's a good laugh as long as you're not looking for good food. Luckily food is pretty low priority when you're there.

Ajbeardow

Experiencing the local food when I travel is actually a big part of the trip for me.
Like, who wants to go to France to eat KFC?
I'm the same, it really let me down that most of the 'restaurants' just serve pizza or burgers.

Don't get me wrong, I found some more authentic tapas and paella places, but they were nothing special. I expect you'd get better if you drive further out from the tourist areas.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm the same, it really let me down that most of the 'restaurants' just serve pizza or burgers.

Don't get me wrong, I found some more authentic tapas and paella places, but they were nothing special. I expect you'd get better if you drive further out from the tourist areas.
Ask the locals where to eat, and not the kids that work at the parks, they have no money lol
Yelp is also helpful as is Travel Advisor and good ole Google

Unless you are chained to the park, go anywhere else lol

Ajbeardow

Ask the locals where to eat, and not the kids that work at the parks, they have no money lol
Yelp is also helpful as is Travel Advisor and good ole Google

Unless you are chained to the park, go anywhere else lol

We didn't do too bad in Florida and managed to find a good few spots. Did end up with a Disney hotdog on Christmas Day though.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Questionable life choices lol.... I think going to Ibiza is one of them :D maybe it has its nice areas... Somewhere... Lol

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

How about you?
I'd like somewhere cold an inhospitable to humans... Not exactly where the best place to go for that :D although Scandinavia seems quite appealing....
Without sounding salacious Thailand is definitely usually an attractive destination for guys to go to on holiday ;) lol
It looks like a lot of what was a nice holiday destination has been ruined by what tourists want :(

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol Thailand, I want to go for the food and because I love southeast Asia in general
One day will be Japan, but I want to see where some of our beloved OW species live - in jungles!
Japan looks pretty interesting.... I'd have problems with the food though.. I'd be worried by what I was eating lol :D
Seeing Ts in there natural environment would be amazing :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Fantasy location..Babylon 5.

b5lt-640x215.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Realistically possible:

Gettysburg, PA
Vilisca, IA
Tombstone, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Louisville, KY

Not realistic yet:

UK
Romania
Scotland
Japan
Ireland

Probably never going to happen, at least anytime in the next 20 years that is:

San Luis Potosi, MX (excellent music)

Lima, Peru (history)

Linares, Nuevo Leon, MX (excellent music)

Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, MX (got a relative from there)

El Soyate, Zacatecas, MX (it would be an honor to visit the grave of the legendary Antonio Aguilar).

-19-

Japan
Israel
Goa
Donner Pass
Fall River/The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
and I would love to go back to St Maarten someday

Latest posts