• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fake plants

shaun

3 Year Member
Just added some plastic plants to some of the enclosures, during bi weekly feeding and husbandry.
I think they look ok. Not sure about using live plants.

Attachments

• 20201122_121550.jpg
    20201122_121550.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 20201122_120157.jpg
    20201122_120157.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have used fake leaf plants from florists for a couple of my larger tanks. They look good. I also brought several plants from The Range a few weeks ago. They are much cheaper than on ebay who add postage to the cost, or from the likes of Pets at Home.

shaun

3 Year Member
I got 10 plants for ten quid, free next day delivery with amazon prime.
I have seen them for 2-4 quid each in pet shops.
Brightens the enclosure a bit, even though the spiders don't care!

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Last month I posted the following about some plants I had brought from the range.

https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/the-range.27910/#post-182931

Among other bits that we brought, was a pack of 6 10cm (4 inch) plants for £2.99.

Thanks for this, will check out the-range! :)

I got some from the pound shop, gave them rinse and dry before putting them in. They only had a few remains of white fake flowers from the summer season, so I also got some red flowers from the Christmas section :) >

DSC08255 - Copy.JPG

Gizalba

3 Year Member
I got 10 plants for ten quid, free next day delivery with amazon prime.
I have seen them for 2-4 quid each in pet shops.
Brightens the enclosure a bit, even though the spiders don't care!

That is a great price for the plants. Maybe some of the non-webber terrestrials don't care, but I personally feel those who do lots of webbing and could do with anchor points do care! :p They can also make good hiding places.