• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Extreme close up

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's been a couple of years since I have done any of these type photos but since I hadn't examined a Psednocnemis brachyramosa before I thought I'd dust my camera off.

Spermathecae
117_6807.jpg

Stridulating organs

Prolateral chelicerae with inter-cheliceral pegs
117_6822.jpg

Retrolateral chelicerae. Note only a few strikers here
117_6818.jpg

Prolateral maxillae with typical bacilliform setae for Selenocosmiinae below the suture and the not so common thorn-like setae above the suture and on the trochanter.
117_6810.jpg

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's actually a very cheap old Kodak compact pointed down the eye piece of an equally cheap microscope but the end result can be quite good sometimes.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've found I get the best results by putting the camera on macro mode, turning the flash off and zooming in a little so that you don't see the black ring around the eyepiece. For lighting I use the top light on the microscope and clip a 60W bulb near the microscope after that it is just a case of keeping a steady hand and taking about 10-20 pics to get a couple of useable ones.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow. Nice shots and thanks for describing how you get these detailed photos. It'd be awesome to see some macro photo guides to Ts like this. Leaves little room for doubt when you can see so much detail