• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exo terras

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've left the screen on mine and never had a problem although I've never kept a T in one that needs high humidity.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've left the screen on mine and never had a problem although I've never kept a T in one that needs high humidity.
You keep differnt types in them as well. Ow ,nw, terrestrial ,arboral. Correct? Im using one for mind P.irmina 8xx8x12 the nano tall. I was thinking about going bigger for it. Also want to maybe get one for my obt. But I may use a 10gal for that one. To give it lots of room to keep it mellow

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You keep differnt types in them as well. Ow ,nw, terrestrial ,arboral. Correct? Im using one for mind P.irmina 8xx8x12 the nano tall. I was thinking about going bigger for it. Also want to maybe get one for my obt. But I may use a 10gal for that one. To give it lots of room to keep it mellow

I had a Pokie, a Psalmopoeus irminia and my OBT in them. The OBT was more arboreal than terrestrial, it seems to depend on how much substrate they are given as to how likely they are to burrow although mine started webbing at the top and then built herself a cave at the bottom.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I
I had a Pokie, a Psalmopoeus irminia and my OBT in them. The OBT was more arboreal than terrestrial, it seems to depend on how much substrate they are given as to how likely they are to burrow although mine started webbing at the top and then built herself a cave at the bottom.
gave my obt bunch of sub but it web funnel to the top and the the side. Kinda looks like a backward L. Still small around 3" but thinking about using a 10 gal for it to give it lots of space to live and not be upset with me going in to its home;). But it still stays at the bottom of the enclouser

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was thinking of getting a 12x12x18 for the p.irmina since they get to be about 6" and can be hostile if bothered lol. Mine got upset when I tried to feed it. Stays in the sad pose for 30minutes upside down on the back wall

Shane

3 Year Member
I just purchased a 12x12x12 front-opening exo terra for my CRZ. She seems to like it, but I am going to replace the top screen with vented acrylic anyway. The reason I purchased the enclosure is because she got her claw stuck in the wire mesh of her last one. I have given her about 3.5 inches of substrate so she can burrow (plus ornaments, etc.). She hasn't climbed to the mesh yet.

Last edited: