• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Euathlus sp. metropolitanos

Roboto22

I just bought this beautiful girl today. I fell in love the second I saw her :) I'm having no luck on finding info though. Can anyone give me information on this species please? Growth rate/Max size/husbandry tips etc. I cannot find a single thing on this species. Is this a very rare species in the hobby or newly discovered. Any help is much appreciated :)
0118201927a.jpg
0118201927b.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just bought this beautiful girl today. I fell in love the second I saw her :) I'm having no luck on finding info though. Can anyone give me information on this species please? Growth rate/Max size/husbandry tips etc. I cannot find a single thing on this species. Is this a very rare species in the hobby or newly discovered. Any help is much appreciated :)View attachment 42983View attachment 42984
I've never even heard of them, but being an aficionado of the genus, I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

Perhaps @sdsnybny will know something.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I’ve not heard of it either. Did you get it at a pet store?

It definitely looks H chilensis-y but not quite the same.

Roboto22

No I got it from a trusted vendor at an expo. BirdspidersCH did a short video on this species so I know its definetely the correct spider and name. However the video they did of them finding it in its natural habitat is litterally the only thing I could find on the internet relating to this specific species. It's gotta be super rare or a newly discovered species. Got my fingers crossed someone sees this post and has some info to help fill in the gaps.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
I believe these were incorrectly sold for years in the hobby first as Paraphysa scrofa and then as ‎Phrixotrichus scrofa. Since then ID'd as

Roboto22

Awesome! Thanks so much! I easily found info for this species after googling those scientific names you provided and that is exactly what it is. So the reason I wasn't finding info was because the name just got changed to Eauthlus sp. metropolitanos? It appears this is not an easy spider to obtain and I got pretty lucky finding this one :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I believe these were incorrectly sold for years in the hobby first as Paraphysa scrofa and then as ‎Phrixotrichus scrofa. Since then ID'd as
So what of that sling I got from you a couple years ago, still Phrixotrichus scrofa?

This thread has me intrigued.

Latest posts