• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

euathlus growth rate

corij

3 Year Member
green 003.JPG
quite recently i bought a euathlus sp green , i think shes adult . are these a very slow grower? how many years to adulthood does anybody know? i really like her a lot ,something about this species seems different to most tarans quite delicate .

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Yes, they are slow growers. I'd posted this just yesterday about mine http://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/homoeoma-sp-fire-formerly-euathlus-sp-red.10944/#post-87012. By the way they are now Homoeoma not Euathlus.

Are all Euathlus moved to Homoeoma? Can you link evidence please?
Euathlus sp "Green grow slow are great eaters and get about 5-6" they are not dwarfs like the Reds/Yellows and some of the other Euathlus genus. I have quite a few Euathlus species and just love the genus

corij

3 Year Member
i sensed mines wild caught,tho iv no evidence of it . in my foto above i had her living on a forest substrate at first,but i felt she did not like it and stayed hunched up in one corner. so i changed the substrate to a soil /clay hard surface scattered with bits of dry grass -and its very dry [with a water bowl] but no misting , trying to mimic a barren hillside landscape and she seems to like it better. she doesnt eat much iv had her a while and no eating but looks ok

Last edited:

corij

3 Year Member
Euathlus sp "Green grow slow are great eaters and get about 5-6" they are not dwarfs like the Reds/Yellows and some of the other Euathlus genus. I have quite a few Euathlus species and just love the genus
would you say the green and the blue are pretty much exact same size and nature ? in england i often see blues for sale but hardly ever the green? iv haNDLED my green a couple of times it never moves fast and isnt very sure footed. it cannot climb up plastic

Last edited:

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
My blues are very good climbers, very good at taking down prey but when they get full, will not eat till molt time. It appears yours is nearing a molt and should eat a couple of weeks after doing so. They have a great feeding response. I keep mine dry with a full water dish which occasionally gets overflowed. I've read that they may be diff color forms from the same sac or two different color forms from the same geographical area.
check post 52.54.55
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/genus-euathlus.70865/page-3
some more info
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/homoeomma-sp-blue-vs-euathlus-pulcherrimaklassi-please-help.263683/

A pick of my freshly molted juvenile female @ 4"
2016-06-24 21.13.52.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I can't find the document on this but my PC is playing up at the moment and refusing to open some sites. The blue seems to be Homoeoma too though

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
I hope you can find the info. There is already a H. sp blue so moving E. sp blue (under that name) will not work as they are two diff species

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

corij

3 Year Member
do you handle your blue ones? if so how did it go? i was going to buy a blue for no good reason other than i wanted to see handle a blue leg as well as the green - but the guy selling told me his was very skittish [which my green isnt] so i didnt buy . if you do handle are the hairs of the Eu very itchy? i ask that cos last week i got haired but not sure by which T as id opened a few up that day , my eyes puffed up real bad .

Latest posts