• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Established avicularia enclosure pics please.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi all, I’ve googled Avic Enclosures but most seem to show newly made setups, with no inhabitant yet.
I know nothing about avics or arboreal, I like making the setups where my Ts live look natural with broms or plants maybe, and will do the same for an Avic but what does an enclosure look like after it’s been lived in and webbed? Maybe decoration just gets swamped with web after a while?
I’d love to see some inspirational setups too!
Thanks!

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi @Arachnoclown that was absolutely awesome! Exactly what I wanted to see!
ooh clowns were a bit scary!:eek::D but I love Guns n Roses!:)
But really, that was so useful and I was amazed to see the size of web, as I say it was difficult to find established webs like that but I see now a lot of decoration would get covered, and I was very happy to see you using the exoterra, which I have many of, they are obviously fine with their front air vents and top so looks like I’ll be getting me a few avicularia soon! I see the cork tube is a useful starter hide until it can make the web, interesting how the web is made, it’s not wispy like my GBB made, its more compact.
There’s a show on locally so will try for one but I see a few wild caught specimens so may go for something smaller and CB.
Thank you so much again for posting, if ever there was a tailor made video for me!! :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've only had my adult female Avicularia avicularia for 4 months but she has already made her home

Front view, nothing to see
DSCF9738.JPG

Back view
DSCF9737.JPG

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi @Arachnoclown that was absolutely awesome! Exactly what I wanted to see!
ooh clowns were a bit scary!:eek::D but I love Guns n Roses!:)
But really, that was so useful and I was amazed to see the size of web, as I say it was difficult to find established webs like that but I see now a lot of decoration would get covered, and I was very happy to see you using the exoterra, which I have many of, they are obviously fine with their front air vents and top so looks like I’ll be getting me a few avicularia soon! I see the cork tube is a useful starter hide until it can make the web, interesting how the web is made, it’s not wispy like my GBB made, its more compact.
There’s a show on locally so will try for one but I see a few wild caught specimens so may go for something smaller and CB.
Thank you so much again for posting, if ever there was a tailor made video for me!! :T:
Your welcome. I'm sorry your scared of clowns...;) I wish we had a clown emoji :D@Josh

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Thank you @Enn49 exactly! Another great example, very interesting to see and I’m fascinated by the web construction and shape they create.
I think I’m sold! Will be on the hunt for one..or two!
Thank you for posting.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Thank you @Enn49 yes, will definitely bear caribena in mind, I was nearly tempted earlier actually!
And thank you for both of those images, the web is hypnotic, how it swirls around, very beautiful indeed but that’s certainly a lot of web so it gives me a very good idea of what to expect! Thank you!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Arachnoclown i was just on YouTube checking out all your videos!
Did you put the video on after I asked?? It’s saying 15 hours ago! That’s so sweet if you did! :)
Thank you, I hope lots of other people find it as useful too!
The original video was already up from a year ago. I just sped up the original and added the new footage. It was really no big deal. I get alot of people asking to see how Ts web their enclosures up.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
The original video was already up from a year ago. I just sped up the original and added the new footage. It was really no big deal. I get alot of people asking to see how Ts web their enclosures up.
Well, thank you anyway, it certainly helped me and I’m very grateful. :)
It’s been an education to see everyone’s photos, I had no idea about the webs.

Latest posts