• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Entity has awesome roaches

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I received a shipment of roaches from Entity because he's being overrun by them. They were of assorted sizes so all 6 of my inverts got something to eat.

My L klugi got it even though she was facing away half way across the cage after 1 bounce. The roach is heavier then the typical feeder. I've never seen her move that fast before.

The idea that NW tarantulas are slow is dead wrong, especially when they are 5" in size and physically thick and powerfully built.

My H pulchripes actually did a happy dance after getting it after about 3 seconds. The roach thought about going down the burrow. The substrate is dry in his cage and there was actually a brief dust cloud after he got it, just like roadrunner in looney tunes. Yes, the water dish is always full.

My P sp machala took a few minutes to get hers but the roach hid in the skull which had a few narrow places requiring a bit of detective work.

The scorps as usual ignore their food for a few hours because they get perturbed whenever you open the enclosure.

My P striata will, as usual, get it in the middle of the night when no one is looking but he's already peeking out of the web thinking about it.

These roaches are in perfect condition, shiny, well fed and fast enough to activate the feeding response but not insanely fast like crickets are. Of course, you can always reduce the temperature if escape is a concern.

Anyway, our fellow keeper is being buried alive and desperately needs our help!! ;) :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And of course the pics!!

L klugi Justina entity roach 1.jpg
L klugi Justina entity roach 2.jpg
P machala Persephone entity roach 1.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus and @Whitelightning777 they are Eublaberus posticus (Orange Heads) @MassExodus I sent you some a while ago in trade for some hissers if you remember. They breed like ****roaches. lmfao. Anyways. Yeah I have a flourishing colony. I have been freezing some every couple of months just to keep their numbers down, but If you guys want some I'm sure we can work something out. PM me.

Latest posts