• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch - the legless ones

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think Mali likes his new hide, he sits like this every evening.
DSCF5479.JPG

Peek-a-boo

Last edited:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks. He's around 4' and getting chunky now, he's coming up to 2 years old, he was a late 2014 baby.
Thats pretty big for a male two year old. You may have a female. Since there is sexual Dimorphism with Ball Pythons, and I only think that since my male Sig is 5years old and just about 4' now. But yours could be an exception since these things in nataure arent set in stone.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Such a beautiful boy. I am so happy 4 u. Wish I could have another one but hubby said no more after my last one left for his permanent home in snake heaven. Still kinda hurts I had him forever it seems

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats pretty big for a male two year old. You may have a female. Since there is sexual Dimorphism with Ball Pythons, and I only think that since my male Sig is 5years old and just about 4' now. But yours could be an exception since these things in nataure arent set in stone.

He's a finicky eater, typical Royal but most definitely male judging by his spurs.

Such a beautiful boy. I am so happy 4 u. Wish I could have another one but hubby said no more after my last one left for his permanent home in snake heaven. Still kinda hurts I had him forever it seems

Thank you. I used to have a lot of snakes and bred them but now I only have Mali.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's a finicky eater, typical Royal but most definitely male judging by his spurs.

Thank you. I used to have a lot of snakes and bred them but now I only have Mali.
Yeah thats ball pythons. Theu will turn down food sometimes. This past feeding mine just struck the food then left it. He tends to do that from time to time.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah thats ball pythons. Theu will turn down food sometimes. This past feeding mine just struck the food then left it. He tends to do that from time to time.

If mine strikes he eats so I know if he doesn't strike the cats will get the rat :(

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I feed mine frozen thawed so if he doesnt eat it. I leave it outside for something to eat it. Mine is weird like that. The boa on the other hand is a eating machine. Will eat two mice and then beg for more lol.

Yes, I use frozen thawed too. If your boa is eating 2 mice I'd get it onto rats as soon as you can.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My next order of frozens i place i was looking in to rat pups for her. I was spending to much at the pet store on them much cheaper and they come to me when ordering them in bulk online.

She should be able to take small rat weaners if she's eating adult mice and they'd do her more good than rat pups.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last night Mali was giving me the stare, telling me he was hungry.
DSCF9086 (2).JPG

So I thawed out a rat for him and warmed it up. As soon as he saw me bring the basin over with the rat in he got himself ready , all aquiver. I opened his viv door and bang, he grabbed that rat outside the viv.
DSCF9088.JPG

I'd left him a few minutes to sort himself out but then the kitten finished her supper and spotted Mali so I had to bundle him back so I could shut the viv door. He doesn't mind being touched while he's eating but because he'd struck the rat at the shoulder he manage to get it all the wrong way round and ended up eating the rat butt end first.
DSCF9089.JPG

Finally after much struggling ratty went down
DSCF9090.JPG

He should be on bigger rats than this but he's been on a typical Royal fast so I'm gradually building him up again.