• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosures...

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im slowly moving to all glass terrariums, the plane cheap ones. You can get them any size, and actually see the spider. Tired of plastic crap. Try garage sales ;) Pet stores have sales for them too, $1 a gallon is common.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Same here. I use large glass tanks. So far my biggest is an adult female G. pulchra and she only needs a 10 gallon, but I've got a couple of L. klugi, an L. parahybana and a new stirmi that will eventually need 15 gallon tanks.
IMG_5718.JPG

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Do a search for "terrarium" on Craigslist. I got a few of my larger Exo Terra enclosures from there for about $30. The most I have paid so far is $40 for a Exo Terra 24L x 18W x 12H for one of my LP's.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Terra Blue professional enclosure in 5 gallon size is as close to perfect for large terrestrial tarantulas as you can get.

Airflow is great. The screen is fully bonded so little feet and claws won't get snagged and you won't have to switch it out to acrylic.

The reptilock system is completely secure.

For smaller terrestrials or juveniles, they make a 3 gallon model. The 2 gallon one is great for arboreals

Latest posts