• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure too small?

TwinkleToes19

I got my T. albo a week and a half ago and her enclosure had good bit of space for her but now she has molted. Is it already time for a bigger enclosure, there isn't too much room for her to crawl around but idk what a spider finds partially comfy. I'm posting pictures of my set up, any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_034831521.jpg
    IMG_20230320_034831521.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20230320_034823308.jpg
    IMG_20230320_034823308.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 25

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Currently I house my 15cm female in a 15 gallon cube but I believe it to be a bit large so I intend on moving her into a smaller 10 gallon enclosure of my own design.
Her current enclosure (it looks much bigger than it actually is)
20230320_110408.jpg

My G. pulchripes enclosure. It is much smaller and better suited for my T.albo
20230320_110715.jpg

TwinkleToes19

Currently I house my 15cm female in a 15 gallon cube but I believe it to be a bit large so I intend on moving her into a smaller 10 gallon enclosure of my own design.
Her current enclosure (it looks much bigger than it actually is) View attachment 70320
View attachment 70321
Definitely think I need to get a 10 gallon, poor girl looks cramped in mine, it's a 5 gallon tank I believe. Hate to rehouse her so soon, but such is life. I'll have to wait till after her new exoskeleton hardeners, but I think she'll be ok till then.

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Her current enclosure (it looks much bigger than it actually is) View attachment 70320
View attachment 70321
Ok so I thought something didn't add up so I rechecked and it turns out I calculated everything in liters not gallons. A 10 gallon would be suitable for larger tarantulas while a 5-7 gallon is better for something the size of a T.albo. I use metric so I had to do a bit of math to figure out the dimensions in gallons

TwinkleToes19

Ok so I thought something didn't add up so I rechecked and it turns out I calculated everything in liters not gallons. A 10 gallon would be suitable for larger tarantulas while a 5-7 gallon is better for something the size of a T.albo. I use metric so I had to do a bit of math to figure out the dimensions in gallons
I did my math wrong too, she's in a 2 gallon tank rn which is small, but she's a juvie. She's gotten so big over one molt though. Pretty sure she gained almost a whole inch in length

TwinkleToes19

Also her leg span is like 4 inches and the terrarium is 8 x 8 x 8 in

Latest posts