• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure Designs

PorAmorArt

Hello Friends!

As mentioned in a previous post, I have an online store selling enclosures for ant-keeping and spider-keeping. We are constantly making new products to serve the community better.

With that being said, take a look at your current setups. What about them do you wish was built better or added features? Something that you don't see in enclosures but wishes someone would include it? I'm not asking for brand names or anything like that, so please keep those to yourself. I want to come out with products designed with your feedback.

Here are images of our Arboreal enclosures so you can see a little of our style. With feedback from some spider keepers here are some of the features we put into this enclosure:

It can be accessed from the top, bottom, and an optional side door, so no matter where your spider decides to hang out, you don't need to disturb them.

It has a watering hole to water the substrate without opening the doors.

It has feeding ports to feed without having to open doors. You can add a small bottle blocked with cotton to the ports to ensure your friend has fresh water.

The whole back wall has ventilation and cross ventilation on the bottom of the side walls.

Made of plastic and glass to reduce scratches so you can get a clear view.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 10.09.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 10.09.06 AM.png

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Your setup look good but would be better if you could make some a bit bigger for adults say 30x20x20 or 45x30x30,

PorAmorArt

yes, indeed, and we might in the future as the business grows, but as of right now, our equipment restricts us on how large we can make our products as we started in the ant-keeping business and are now expanding into the spider-keeping community. I will keep those measurements in my notes as a target to reach asap.

PorAmorArt

Those need a lot more in the way of ventilation for arboreals like Avics. Bottom and top of sides on at least 2 sides, and top of enclosure
This specific design was created with jumping spiders in mind. There is one other arboreal enclosure on the site with ventilation from the floor as well.

With that being said, the current enclosure we are working on will have the option to include ventilation on both opposite walls 100%, 50% & 25%, plus ventilation on the lid. This product is to be released in the next couple of days, and I'll have photos of it by the end of today. I think it will fit what you're describing.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The lack of ventilation puts me off the designs. The ventilation at the back is fine, but the only side ventilation is at the bottom of the sides? What about substrate? I keep all of my slings in vials & then move larger slings & small juvies onto well-ventilated deli cups with a few inches of substrate, plus some vertical bark. As many arboreal species still like to burrow until they are larger.

With ventilation. I even add side ventilation holes to the arboreal Tarantula Room enclosures. The top ventilation on Tarantula Room enclosures is fine for them to be able to breathe. But I like all round ventilation. So add 2 or 3 holes at different levels around the enclosure.

PorAmorArt

The lack of ventilation puts me off the designs. The ventilation at the back is fine, but the only side ventilation is at the bottom of the sides? What about substrate? I keep all of my slings in vials & then move larger slings & small juvies onto well-ventilated deli cups with a few inches of substrate, plus some vertical bark. As many arboreal species still like to burrow until they are larger.

With ventilation. I even add side ventilation holes to the arboreal Tarantula Room enclosures. The top ventilation on Tarantula Room enclosures is fine for them to be able to breathe. But I like all round ventilation. So add 2 or 3 holes at different levels around the enclosure.
The bottom part has a cavity for substrate with a watering hole to rehydrate without disturbing the spider so that you won't be covering the ventilation on each side of the glass. (the bigger the enclosure, the more space for substrate)

substrate.jpeg

Also, note that where the glass panels meet isn't completely sealed, so there is ventilation from those tiny cracks.

As mentioned above, we have another enclosure with even more ventilation being released in the next few days for species that require it. I can post photos of it tonight or tomorrow, as I appreciate your feedback.

PorAmorArt

The bottom part has a cavity for substrate with a watering hole to rehydrate without disturbing the spider so that you won't be covering the ventilation on each side of the glass. (the bigger the enclosure, the more space for substrate)

View attachment 69021

Also, note that where the glass panels meet isn't completely sealed, so there is ventilation from those tiny cracks.

As mentioned above, we have another enclosure with even more ventilation being released in the next few days for species that require it. I can post photos of it tonight or tomorrow, as I appreciate your feedback.
I apologize; I've confirmed the glass panels are sealed together after talking to production.

DuneElliot

PorAmorArt

I like the duo glass but it would be a great option to have a front-opening version for arboreals that web up high. I can't use top opening for half of mine because they web up to the top and it would destroy their hammocks/tunnels

Here are the photos with the optional opening and a portion of the product page description explaining exactly your concern.

pic 1.jpeg
pic 2.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 11.29.57 AM.png

Latest posts