• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure designs & ideas

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I don't know about everyone else but even though I'm not artistic I love putting enclosures together. I find it almost as exciting as receiving a new spider or a molt.

Today I had 3 Exo terra nano talls (20x20x30) arrive for my 3 C Versicolors and I've been waiting all week to be able to put them together.

This is what I've come up with
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's quite basic but I really like the look of them. It's not too busy but there is enough to look at.

Side note: I am fully aware that it will all be covered in web and this is all semi-unnecessary but I like it :)

Also I'm hoping that having the waterdish elevated where they are will make it easier for them to hydrate, and me to change.(fingers crossed)

If other people would care to share pictures of their favourite enclosure setups then it'll be appreciated. Possibly get some more design ideas for future homes :)

Hi, this is kind of similar to my C.Versicolor setup. It’s only a 2.5 inch sling at the moment, but it’s decided to take up residence in the bromeliad for the time being & made a web tunnel all the way down to the base of the plant.

88DF778C-3715-4A27-BF1A-1A9549629BEE.jpeg 5F1AB93D-5A4C-43BF-A330-33B3058A74CA.jpeg 7A7EF8E0-AE1D-477A-8B95-1562C40C1F1E.jpeg

Very Nice!!!...If I had to change anything, I'd remove the plants located near the bottom and place them slightly above the other plants (which are currently near the top). Yet that's just me...to each their own :)

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very Nice!!!...If I had to change anything, I'd remove the plants located near the bottom and place them slightly above the other plants (which are currently near the top). Yet that's just me...to each their own :)

Both plants attatch to the same base. The bottom plant isn't long enough to go above the cork bark but I didn't want to just cut it off so I thought I'd place them where they are to highlight the cork bark more and break up the colour patches in the enclosure :)

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks great. Be nice if you could hide the water dishes. I guess they will be covered with web anyways.

I would have preferred to hide it myself but it wouldn't have been practical. It's close enough for them to web to but open enough for me to clean and refill without too much disturbance :)

Latest posts