• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emperor Scorpions care and husbandry ?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are they hard to care for? Been thinking about getting one.
In my opinion not hard to care for if you get the set up right for them as the correct environment will go a long way...
If possible a glass enclosure is ideal for scorps with ventilation .. Mine have a reasonably deep amount of sub ( I find sedge peat is best) and also make sure you have sphagnum moss in there too... I keep the sub damp to the touch and 'make it rain' once a week for them by heavy misting.. You don't want it soaking wet in there though, so find a balance what suits your needs provide some hides in there with pieces of cork bark or similar and some plastic plants unless you were planning on going for a bio active set up :) they like to feel safe and secluded they seem to prefer crickets as feeders but I've known them to take roaches and mealworms too.. Hope that helps :)

jrh3

3 Year Member
In my opinion not hard to care for if you get the set up right for them as the correct environment will go a long way...
If possible a glass enclosure is ideal for scorps with ventilation .. Mine have a reasonably deep amount of sub ( I find sedge peat is best) and also make sure you have sphagnum moss in there too... I keep the sub damp to the touch and 'make it rain' once a week for them by heavy misting.. You don't want it soaking wet in there though, so find a balance what suits your needs provide some hides in there with pieces of cork bark or similar and some plastic plants unless you were planning on going for a bio active set up :) they like to feel safe and secluded they seem to prefer crickets as feeders but I've known them to take roaches and mealworms too.. Hope that helps :)

is room temp fine?

as for enclosure basically set it up like a tarantula enclosurethat requires moist substrate?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
is room temp fine?

as for enclosure basically set it up like a tarantula enclosurethat requires moist substrate?
I keep mine at room temperature.. As long as it doesn't get to cold it should be fine...
Yes like a tarantula set up but you will benefit from having a couple of hides and more plants and moss than a tarantula enclosure as I find scorps don't seem happy if there's to much open space they like to hide between stuff and burrow away

Latest posts