• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EMERGENCY MOLT!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
My Salmon Pink Birdeater just molted! I was actually setting up my new tank for my G. Rosa I just got today! But I last checked on her/him at 2:30pm today its now almost 9pm here and she/he is on her back still, not attach to old skin, not moving! What do I do?! Im going to try and upload pics. Is this normal??

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You are good. This is normal. It will flip soon. Molting is difficult and takes a lot of energy. The legs should start flexing soon.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
This is my first molt for any of my T's that I own, so I a new to this, but she is not moving her legs or anything at all, should I help her flip over? Move her into ICU? Is she dead? :(

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
You are good. This is normal. It will flip soon. Molting is difficult and takes a lot of energy. The legs should start flexing soon.
I hope so I am going to put up pics as soon as my service cooperates. It just makes me extremely nervous!!! Ugh, this is my little baby, the number one T I wanted!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It takes some time. The good news is that the little one is out. It is just resting. They take some time to recuperate. It will flip soon.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good! Just leave her be. She'll be out of sorts for a few days. I kinda like to think they feel hung over. :)

Wait a week or so before you feed her. Her fangs should look dark when she's ready. Make sure she has water in her bowl and give her some time.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Good! Just leave her be. She'll be out of sorts for a few days. I kinda like to think they feel hung over. :)

Wait a week or so before you feed her. Her fangs should look dark when she's ready. Make sure she has water in her bowl and give her some time.
Great Thank you so much!! Pics are coming soon!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congratulations on your first moult im glad you got to see it. It is scarey when theu dont get up for a while but it is exhausting for them. My red knee " Hercules" always lounges about for most of the day when he moults but he is bone idle.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Congratulations on your first moult im glad you got to see it. It is scarey when theu dont get up for a while but it is exhausting for them. My red knee " Hercules" always lounges about for most of the day when he moults but he is bone idle.
Thank you! It is awesome I bought a G Rosea yesterday, pretty sure its a male. And my LP molted! Another Xmas day! LOL she is doing great she is walking around lots today! She grew about a 1inch 1 1/2 inch. :D

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Brilliant :) I got another rosie last week, she looks pinker than some of my others pretty little thing. I keep buying rosies cos I want another one like Money and Keep buying red knees cos I want another one like Hercules. I should just accept that they are too unique to be copied!
I know lp's grow quickly but thats a big increse what do you feed them? :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Brilliant :) I got another rosie last week, she looks pinker than some of my others pretty little thing. I keep buying rosies cos I want another one like Money and Keep buying red knees cos I want another one like Hercules. I should just accept that they are too unique to be copied!
I know lp's grow quickly but thats a big increse what do you feed them? :)
Yeah my Rosie is more of a brownish color but has some light pink dusting he/she is REALLY beautiful as soon as my phone and email decides to work together I will have pics up :D and my LP just eats pinhead crickets, and boy she scarfs them up quick lol!!

Latest posts