• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg sac or nah

spodermin

Take your vote, my girl slimmed out but it all happened so fast Idk if she dropped or just molted. Hard to say because Im so used to looking at this dingy male while shes been sealed inside so naturally she looks brighter, but I havent noticed a change in size. She is, however, much more aggressive as of late, furthering my suspicion that this white mass is a sac.

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_113658.jpg
    IMG_20200104_113658.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200104_113702.jpg
    IMG_20200104_113702.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200104_113704.jpg
    IMG_20200104_113704.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
Take your vote, my girl slimmed out but it all happened so fast Idk if she dropped or just molted. Hard to say because Im so used to looking at this dingy male while shes been sealed inside so naturally she looks brighter, but I havent noticed a change in size. She is, however, much more aggressive as of late, furthering my suspicion that this white mass is a sac.
Looks like a sac to me. When you asked a few months ago if you could pair them I mentioned that I just bred 3 females. 2 of them laid similar sacs after about a month.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
They don't move their sacks around. They lay fixed sacks but they do guard them constantly. When it's time to pull it you'll have to cut it away from all the hammock suspending it to the wall. Im pretty sure people have had ewls after around 30 days but the guys above can tell you for sure.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They don't move their sacks around. They lay fixed sacks but they do guard them constantly. When it's time to pull it you'll have to cut it away from all the hammock suspending it to the wall. Im pretty sure people have had ewls after around 30 days but the guys above can tell you for sure.
As far as I’m aware egg sacs are rolled to prevent eggs from sticking to each other and to regulate heat. It isn’t about guarding it. I’m not experienced with breeding thou like you and others on the forum so can only say what I’ve seen.

spodermin

She has webbed so much outside the burrow. Here she is seen this afternoon just outside the opening

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1578520328464.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1578520328464.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts