• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eco-earth

Atx13

3 Year Member
so they offer a 6quart bag of loose eco for 9.99 at the pet shop, they also have 3 pack of the bricks for like 6.99...
the 3 pack of bricks makes like 24 quarts of sub... i just dont get the logic of the 6 quart bag of loose being so pricey... is there a difference in the product?
I've never used eco-earth, but 24 quarts of sub. for 7 bucks is pretty hard to pass up, seeing as i usually spend around 8 bucks for peat and vermiculite (getting around 8 quarts of sub out of mixing the 2)..
My question is... The bag of loos eco and the bricks... is there really a difference in the two? besides having to add water to the bricks... lol.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No difference in the product...just the convenience of not having to add water and waiting for it to dry out. lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
Sweet, Im currently letting some dry out a bit.. gonna re do some cages this evening :p

Atx13

3 Year Member
Hopefully some new pics, my photographer(my girlfriend).. is kind of scared of the T's now... since our near escape of the Obt, when she was trying to get a pic of it...
I need to re-do my bigger Haplopelma Sp. set up, she doesn't have enough sub. i dont think(only about 4inches for a 6 inch T), but thats about it right now.. Soon as i get another moult out of my G. Pulchripes she'll be getting some new sub(currently on potting soil). the Obt may need a new home altogether, after her next moult...

Atx13

3 Year Member
Awesome link Scool, i bookmarked it for future use, they have pretty sweet deals on cage decor, hides and such. I can for see an order to them in the near future!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Be sure to check out the aquarium section too. I get some good faux plants from there to put into enclosures.