• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarfs for 8” cube?

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
I’d like another T, but the only space left in my room is a shelf that could hold 3 8x8x8” Exo Terras, but I’m not sure what could live in there. I’m thinking dwarfs, 3” DLS or under. New world only, any old world gets an immediate no from my mom. I’m open to any little critter, mantis, millepede, scorpion, anything. Thanks!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Phrixotrichus scrofa
20180512_184604.jpg

"Chilean copper" they only get 4" but are still considered a dwarf by some. I have her in a 8x8x8 and she loves it...I think. Never mind the threat posture...I rehoused her on this day and she wasn't happy. Took her out of her home she had since a sling. She's over it now.;) She's never been aggresive or skittish. She let's me do my business and just sits there. She's a great little lady.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few NW dwarf Ts none off which grow to more than 2.5".
Kochiana brunnipes
Ami sp Panama
Dolichothele exilis
Catumiri argentinense
Metriopelma sp. Aragua
Holothele sanguiniceps

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah but still, I tend to look at 4" spiders as dwarves. Too many SA sp. in my collection I guess..:p
I've got a male and female at 2". Gorgeous and fast little farts, and they come out of their holes all the time.

To be correct a dwarf is max of 2" dls.
My big girl is almost 4" and sits in the open all the time now but the little one, just over 1", can be very fast to hide when disturbed. You're right though they are gorgeous.

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
Hapalopus sp. Columbia (pumpkin patch tarantula) is a very cute T, though not suggested, I think I’ll get one. I think I’ll also get a kochiana brunnipes. I might get a mantis or millipede for the other one. Thank you all!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hapalopus sp. Columbia (pumpkin patch tarantula) is a very cute T, though not suggested, I think I’ll get one. I think I’ll also get a kochiana brunnipes. I might get a mantis or millipede for the other one. Thank you all!
I wouldn't use that enclosure for a pumpkin patch.... obviously you don't know about their speed. Probably one of the fastest Ts in the hobby. They will bolt out of that enclosure every time. I've got 12...wouldn't lie to you. You need something deep and access from the top only. As soon as you open that door they are gone...no joke.

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
Really? Aww, they’re so cute. I guess I’ll just find another dwarf. Maybe I’ll get a millepede, mantis, or scorpion for the other...

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sahydroaraneus raja (indian blue dwarf). they are lovely. have a couple that are about 2 or 3 year old and there are bigger house spiders than these! lol.